I Would Walk

This poem was written for our third poetry group meeting (for which I was on holiday!). The theme that we were given for our poem was 'walking'.

I hope you enjoy reading it! 


I Would Walk 

I Would Walk 500 Miles.

I'd Walk Upon The Water.

I'd Walk On By crooked coins 'gainst crooked stiles.

I'd Walk all the way Back To Georgia.


I'll take a Walk On The Wild Side.

I'll Walk This Way, all afternoon.

I'll Walk Like An Egyptian, with a Pharaoh's pride.

I'll go Walking On The Moon.


I'll walk The Long And Winding Road.

I'll go Walking By The River in the pampas grass.

I'll go Walking To a New Orleans zip code.

I'll be Walking On, Walking On Broken Glass.


I would be ever Walking On Sunshine;

I'll go Walking On The Sun.

I'd Walk The Wire, I'll Walk The Line. 

I'll walk until my Walk Of Life is done.


I'd Walk On The Ocean's deepest floor;

I will walk all along the midnight zone.

I'd even Walk The Dinosaur,

If it only meant You'll Never Walk Alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Listening?

National Poetry Day 2023

The Body of Christ