Social Media Influenza

 Social Media Influenza 


Reality is virtual. The physical is cursed.

I want my money back, can I please be reimbursed?

Humanity’s a mess and it cannot get much worse; 

Everything is better in the metaverse.


Put it up on Facebook for likes and shares;

Solving all our problems with ten thousand thoughts and prayers.

X is a dumpster-fire but no one really cares;

Gotta get a retweet from some nazi billionaires.


Tagging you all here as my 54 best mates.

If you each tag 20 friends then our reach now will be great!

A ‘like’ is pretty good, but what’s better is the hate;

this is gonna make the most fucking A click-bait!


Oh wow, I love your image it's so totally my vibe! 

I’ve got to take a photo, as my words could not describe.

I’ll share it to my Insta and I’ll hashtag it #mytribe.

I hope you love mine too? Like and subscribe!


Have you seen this? It's so hawt, it’s the newest, latest trend!

You’re not an influencer so you might not understand.

I’ve a scheduled post on LinkedIn to build up my personal brand.

On a scale to 10, how likely are you to recommend me to a friend?


You know I'm not just doing this so I get a clap-back;

I've got eyes to monetise; I need to make some cash back!

I’m looking for a payout, my focus is the Nasdaq.

Is anyone who's anyone still using Snapchat?


Gotta keep on hustling; know how to make a quick buck;

End this poem strong, with a ‘boom!’ and then a mic drop.

Post some stories to my feed then maybe they’ll get picked up?

And failing that I’ll set them to a stupid dance on TikTok.


I hate this version of the world and what it’s making me.

I don’t ‘consume’ YouTube; I just wanna watch TV.

I don’t know how to fix this shit; I’ll ask ChatGPT.

I’m holding out for when we can just Simply Be…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Unity and The Primates

Bible Sunday 2025

The Tale of the Cheating Servant