Best Mates

This poem was written for our monthly poetry group. The theme chosen for this month was ‘friendship’ - I hope you enjoy reading it!


Best Mates 


You're my best mate by miles, by far!

We help each other prop up the bar.

I'll always let you drive my car;

You know where the bodies are.


We're there together, through all life's strains.

Through lows and highs, with loss and gains.

You've got the brawn and, well, you've got the brains.

I know my place; you hold the reigns.


I'm the Sundance Kid, and you are Butch,

You're Starsky - I will be your Hutch

I know we'll always be in touch.

We have to be; you know too much.


We just work; like an air tank and an ocean diver,

Like streaking goes with Lady Godiva,

Or duct tape, and TV's MacGyver;

So... pretty please, guv, lend me a fiver?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Listening?

National Poetry Day 2023

The Body of Christ