Animal Poems

These poems were written for our February monthly poetry group. The theme was 'animals'. I found this a difficult theme to work with, but I hope you enjoy reading them!


The Battle

Silver trails, silver trails 

On the front room rug.

I will find you, my nighttime nemesis! 

...An ode to a slug.



An Evening to Myself

All is silent as I sip my wine.

A sudden scuttling approaches!

I shout, and spill on my brand new shirt.

A poem for cockroaches.



Trauma

There are no words that rhyme with 'wasps',

But this verse goes out to them, from me.

As a child, one stung me on my palm.

They can all get in the sea.



Disgust

Earwig, earwig, you look quite foul.

You make my insides squirm.

I'm not penning any verse for you.

Instead, this poem's for a worm.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Listening?

National Poetry Day 2023

The Body of Christ